Ethics CORE for Administrators
Ethics CORE has been created to help you provide training on the responsible conduct of research, as required for all National Science Foundation grantees. For you, this may mean building a training program from scratch.
Here are some places where you are most likely to find ethics materials relevant to you:
- The NCPRE Best Practices Statement on RCR Education
- Read the articles What Is Research Ethics?, Why Teach Research Ethics, and Teaching Research Ethics: Getting Started.
- Research Literature Search that searches the Scopus database for scholarly articles on ethics.
- Discussion groups for a variety of topics and communities, including
- Directors of Research Experiences for Undergraduates Sites
- Sustainability Ethics
- Ethics? Compliance? Professional Responsibility? What We Call What We Do
- A collection of Best Practice documents from various institutions.[IN DEVELOPMENT]
- Search materials collected by Ethics CORE, including case studies, videos, and lectures,to help you learn about ethics issues, especially in support of the National Science Foundation Responsible Conduct of Research training requirement.
- Instructor-led and certificate courses available through the Ethics CORE Moodle.
Additionally, if you register as an Ethics CORE user, you will be able to form discussion groups with other administrators and contribute materials and best practices of your own. The Ethics CORE community can be a resource for you when you want to learn more about a particular aspect of research ethics, would like to share an insight you have had, or want to learn more about what other administrators and other institutions are doing with research ethics programs.
Links for You